Ask About Fly Fishing

Sunday, March 25, 2012

River Report 3/24/12

On Friday afternoon, I finally got to go out and do a bit of fishing. I checked one of my favored sites and was surprised to find a few people parked nearby. The people there didn't stay long, however, and I ended up having the river to myself.
With the snow melt finally drawing to a close the rivers seem to be slowing down a bit and it seemed like a good time to check for some trout! I began with a fake crawler and had no luck. I then switched to a dead crawler I found nearby, which also resulted in no bites. My next choice of bait was a bit more exhilarating; trying a daredevil spoon, which resulted in a very nice rise from some sort of fish. But being far away kept me from seeing what it was for sure. I tried a few other baits and got a few more rises, but the fish just wouldn't bite!
Point being, there are some fish moving up the rivers, just have to find the right bait for them! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment